All God & Guns jewelry is created from stainless steel therefore it will not tarnish or cause allergic reactions.
Our gold products are triple dipped in 18K gold.
Some products, lotions, and chemicals can damage your God & Guns jewelry, so make sure you leave it off when you:
- Shower or do your hair & makeup
- Deep clean your space
- Swim or sit in a hot tub
And we get it, sometimes we ignore instructions too… as dust, dirt and oil from your skin, moisturizer and perfume accumulate onto the gold, the jewelry begins to dull or appear darkened.
So to restore gold dipped jewelry to its original shine and color the jewelry needs to be properly cleaned and taken care of. This can be achieved by using easy to find household items:
- Pour warm water in a small bowl and add a bit of mild dishwashing soap.
- Dip a soft, lint-free cloth in the soapy water, and then gently wipe the stainless steel jewelry with the damp cloth until the piece is clean. When cleaning it, rub the item along its polish lines.
- Wipe the remaining soap off your jewelry using a moist cloth dipped in clean water.
- Dry the jewelry well with a clean towel, and then leave your pieces to air dry.
After your stainless steel jewelry is clean, you can use jewelry polish or a polishing cloth to shine it.
Do NOT use whitening toothpaste to shine your jewelry as it can be abrasive and ruin your jewelry.
Although stainless steel jewelry doesn’t tarnish or corrode and doesn’t require special care, it can scratch.
So it's highly recommended to store your jewelry individually in a soft pouch (use the suede pouch that you received it in) when you're not wearing it.
EXTRA TIP: Apply your beauty products several minutes before putting on your jewelry to avoid damaging your favorite pieces. This will give the beauty products plenty of time to soak into your skin before adorning yourself in gold dipped jewelry.